Thursday, August 8, 2013

True Confession about Calgary's Death Cafe

                                                                
Death Cafe  =  cakes and chat about all things death.

I hope you're sitting down - I'm making a confession.

For each of the past four Calgary Death Cafes, I have baked the same cake recipes, and worn the same brown blouse (except for the CBC news visit - I gussied up).

Comfortable, old-fav, boring brown blouse.
The cakes were delicious and devoured, and the blouse comfortable albeit boring. But it's time for change!

SO, I forked over big bucks for a new T-shirt, and now I'm on the hunt for NEW cake recipes! Yours!

I beg you, if you've got a delectable, easy-to-make cake recipe you're willing to share, my measuring cups are standing ready.

Maybe it's the cake you made for the first love- of- your- life" (which wasn't) or the recipe you found in a tattered 1940's cookbook; maybe it's the cake from "I wish I could forget" family reunions, or the easy-peasy cake you take to friendly potluck dinners - if you enjoy it, chances are the guests at a Death Cafe will also rave about it!

Now, I know that asking for your recipe is already a huge favour, "but wait, there's more!"  If you could find the time to share the story behind your cake recipe, it would be WUNDERBAR (wonderful!) ; just a few words, paragraphs - however the baking spirit moves you.

You can post your recipe here in the comment section, or send me an email, and with your permission, I'll post it here;  yycdeathcafe@gmail.com - it's the same address for registering for a Death Cafe.


Please, don't hoard that delectable, easy- to- make recipe in your kitchen drawer ; share it, today. The courageous, remarkable guests at Calgary's Death Cafes and I will say " Thanks, Merci, Dankeschoen, Grazie, Tak, Obrigado, Dank u, Dankie, Asante, Anksthay!"

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment