Thursday, April 11, 2013

Evolution in YYC and Edmonton's got its FIRST Death Cafe!!!!

Evolution, even in death...whoa - that's a weird thought - can anyone take that and run with it?


Death, as in Death Cafe.

I've changed the name of the Death Cafes that I'm hostessing in Calgary to "Death Cafe by Wendy Kurchak Calgary."

This makes it easier for people to find me as other Death Cafes pop up in town. It's exciting to see other venues opening up to facilitate Calgarians desire to talk about death, dying and grief - but I'll still have the best cake!

Also, an easier email address. I got this idea from Rayne in that big city north of Calgary - the one with the 'other' hockey team, and the 'other' football team - you know which one I mean!

The new address is YYCdeathcafe@gmail.com - as in Cal(gary)deathcafe. Great idea - thanks Rayne!

By the way, Rayne is hostessing a Death Cafe in Edmonton on April 28th at Pilgrim Hospice (9808 148 St). It's from 2 to 4 PM and you can register at EDMdeathcafe@gmail.com

Here in YYC - there are only 5 seats left for the June 9th Death Cafe. With the May event already full, if you would like to attend a "Death Cafe by Wendy Kurchak" before the summer break, you should send me a message to that new email address, today.

Stay in touch!
Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment